axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "james a. cubeta" <james.cub...@gmail.com>
Subject InstantiationException with Axis 1.4...
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:17:03 GMT
I am using Axis 1.4, and I am trying to write a simple test application of a
web service.

I saved the WSDL locally, used WSDL2Java to build stub code, created a JAR,
and wrote a test case that basically does this:

URL url = new URL("
https://192.168.1.150:8443/simple-ws/service/SimpleExample");
SimpleExampleServiceLocator locator = new SimpleExampleServiceLocator();
SimpleExampleSoapBindingStub client = (SimpleExampleSoapBindingStub)
locator.getSimpleExample(url);
client.setUsername("username");
client.setPassword("password");

String response = client.sayHello("James");

When I attempt to run this code, I get the following exception:

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userExcpetion
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.InstantiationException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.InstantiationException
     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ConstructorTarget.set(ConstructorTarget.java:97)
     <snip>
     at org.apache.axis.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

Sorry if this is not enough information, but the exception stack seems to be
pretty useless overall... :-/

Ideas/Thoughts appreciated,
James
--