axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Sangita_Pan...@Dell.com>
Subject RE: Error "HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of 'identity' found"
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:27:52 GMT
Also to be backwards compatible, AXIS2 has to support it as the AXIS did
not have issues like this.

Sangita Pandit
728 1606

________________________________

From: keith chapman [mailto:keithgchapman@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:20 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error "HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of 'identity'
found"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@skynet.be> wrote:

	Googling for "Content-encoding: identity" reveals that this is
actually quite common, so I guess that we should indeed support it.

Exactly. And we wont have to do much jsut ignore the content-type if its
identity.

Thanks,
Keith .

	Andreas

	keith chapman wrote:

		Interesting, It says SHOULD NOT but not MUST NOT. So it
may be acceptable to have this header too. I guess one could argue that
Axis2 should ignore it if there is a header which says Content-encoding:
identity. WDYT?

		Thanks,
		Keith.

		On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Andreas Veithen