axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Srijith Kochunni" <ksrij...@novell.com>
Subject Re: get_store() throws NullPointerException.
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:50:48 GMT
Hi,

       I was able to resolve this issue. The problem was that I was trying to instantiate
an array type and do a set(type[]). Instead I used addNewtype() method, got a new empty object
and set it's value. Now I do not get this error.

Thanks,
Srijith.

>>> "Srijith Kochunni" <ksrijith@novell.com> 09/24/08 6:04 PM >>>

Hi All,

             I am using Axis2 to create web service client using xmlbeans databinding. I have
this strange problem that when I invoke the setter method for a particular type, I get a NullPointer
exception. The exception is being thrown from an autogenerated code which I got using wsdl2java.
The specific class which throws this error extends XmlObjectBase.

The exception is thrown when the following code is invoked in the autogenerated class.

target = (com.test.abc.Status)get_store().find_element_user(STATUS$0, 0);

So obviously get_store is returning null. Have checked with the xmlbeans doc here - > http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/userguide-creatingclients-xmlbeans.html

and am following all steps correctly, but not sure, why this error is caused.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srijith.