axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Async processing, client stubs thread safety and port conflicts
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:48:46 GMT

> Deepal,
> Thanks for your quick response.  It worked perfectly.  I didn't
> realize that configuration was initialized multiple times.
Yes , whenever you create a new service client it create a new
configuration context.

> I have another question.  Is client listener implemented as a server
> model?  Meaning that once it receives a response it hands it over to
> another thread for processing?
Which listener you mean ?
If you are talking about the client side HTTP listener , then the answer
is yes. It is exactly a server.

> We are considering to use asynchronous client/server to reduce the
> load on the client and improve its throughput.
Yes that would be a good option , in fact Axis2 has support for NIO , so
you might be able to use that too.

> In our case we have a client application that acts more or less as a
> proxy and does very little processing itself.  It delegate all of the
> work synchronously to backend web services.  Responses average from
> several hundred milliseconds to several seconds with about 400 tps.
>
> Would you recommend asynchronous approach or could it potentially have
> other side affects?  All of the feedback will be much appreciated.
I think asynchronous approach would be a good option for your
application. However you can try both and let us know which one is
better. Then we can learn from you .

-Deepal

> Thanks,
> Dmitriy
>
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Deepal Jayasinghe
> <deepal@opensource.lk <mailto:deepal@opensource.lk>> wrote:
>
>     Did you make two calls?
>     If so please try to share the same configuration context.
>
>     -Deepal
>
>     Dmitriy Frolov wrote:
>     > Hi all,
>     > I am trying to utilize axis2 asynchronous processing via callback
>     > mechanism and 2-way HTTP transport channels.  The question I have is
>     > if client stub implementation is thread safe.  Even though
>     Inderi have
>     > seen some reports that it is not, I was wong if anything changed in
>     > version 1.4.1. <http://1.4.1.> <http://1.4.1.>  Assuming it is
>     not thread safe and I
>     > cannot share client stubs between multiple threads, is there way to
>     > reuse same separate response listener for all of the transactions?
>     >
>     > I have tried creating client stubs for each thread separately,
>     but ran
>     > into following exception:
>     > Sep 23, 2008 6:27:14 PM
>     >
>     org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.DefaultConnectionListenerFailureHandler
>     > failed
>     > WARNING: Attempt number 1 of 10 to reestalish connection listener
>     >
>     org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.DefaultConnectionListener@49744974
>     > due to failure
>     > java.net.BindException: Address already in use: NET_Bind
>     >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>     >     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:398)
>     >     at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:331)
>     >     at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:197)
>     >     at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:109)
>     >     at
>     >
>     org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.DefaultConnectionListener.run(DefaultConnectionListener.java:72)
>     >     at
>     >
>     edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)
>     >     at
>     >
>     edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)
>     >
>     >
>     > Also if there is no way to use one listener for all of the
>     > are there any optimization techniques that can be utilized like
>     a pool
>     > of listeners for high volume system (~400tps)?  Creating a listener
> [...]

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org