axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shah, Sumit" <sumit.s...@cgi.com>
Subject RE: Rampart Configuration
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:16:41 GMT
Thanks Keith. I did try out the samples. As you mentioned Rampart 1.0
used parameters, but it seems like Rampart 1.1 uses Policy. I did
encounter an issue where the Rampart samples have Rampart Config inside
the Policy. This may become an issue where you are exposing the security
configurations inside the policy and eventually ends up in the wsdl.

FYI...I was able to remove the Rampart Config from the policy and put it
outside the <wsp>... </wsp> and it does work.

Thanks
Sumit

-----Original Message-----
From: keith chapman [mailto:keithgchapman@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 1:05 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Rampart Configuration

This can be done but I beleive rampart is moving towards policy now.
Previously configurating rampart via parameters was the way to go. For
e.g If you wanted to enforce UT on a service you could add the
follwoing to the services.xml

<parameter name="InflowSecurity">
   <action>
      <items>UsernameToken</items>

<passwordCallbackClass>MyPasswordCallbackHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
   </action>
</parameter>

Thanks,
Keith.