axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Allen" <Allen.Frank...@avocent.com>
Subject RE: What is the advantage of using async clients if Axis creates a wait thread for every request?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:21:46 GMT
Can you recommend any sample code for me to look at?

I have been using 'wsdl2java -a' to generate client stubs.

What you are recommending sounds a bit more complex.

From: keith chapman [mailto:keithgchapman@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:15 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is the advantage of using async clients if Axis
creates a wait thread for every request?

Axis2 client support two levels of async behavior. One of them is the
one you've explained. This is something like pseudo async. The other is
where you send a request and then listen on a separate port (by spinning
up a simple http server on the client) for the response (It is
compulsory that you use WS-Addressing for this to work). This does not
block a thread.

Thanks,
Keith.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Franklin, Allen