axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sagi Mann <sagim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AxisFault when using jibx
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:40:22 GMT

Yes, this is misunderstanding, I simply used the sample quick start code tree
as a template. This is why you see the .adb package, but I assure you it's
jibx.

DSosnoski wrote:

> Hi Sagi,
>
>  From your exception stack trace, it appears that you're still using
> ADB, rather than JiBX:

Anyway, I took your advice regarding TCPmon and found a difference between
what SoapUI generates and what Axis2/JIbx generates:

SoapUI sends the following request, which works great:

xmlns:ws="http://ws/">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ws:testOneArg>
         <testOneArg0>sagi</testOneArg0>
      </ws:testOneArg>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Axis2/jibx sends:

   <soapenv:Body>
      <testOneArg xmlns="http://ws/">
         <testOneArg0>sagi</testOneArg0>
      </testOneArg>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I found a solution, but it seems somewhat strange: not on the client side,
but on the server side:

If I added a targetNamespace to the method params as well, the SAME "bad"
request now gets invoked correctly, i.e. when changing the web service like
so:

    @WebMethod
    @WebResult(targetNamespace="http://ws/")
    public String testOneArg(@WebParam(name="testOneArg0",
targetNamespace="http://ws/") String name) {
        return "Hello " + name;
    }

The Axis2/jibx client works great, and the same request it sent before now
gets a proper "Hello john" response...

I'm not sure if this is the "correct" solution, but at least it works. The
con of this solution, is, of course, the fact that I need to "enforce"
things on the service side, which may be 3rd party and out of my control. Is
there any better way to do this?

thanks