axis-java-user mailing list archives

From coolers16 <siri_ra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Exception class generated from wsdl2java (Axis2) extending custom exception
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 05:13:05 GMT

If we have a <wsdl:fault> element declared in the wsdl for an operation, the
wsdl2java (from Axis2) would create a java artifact for the fault message
that extends the java.lang.Exception. Is it possible that the the fault
exception extends a business exception instead of java.lang.Exception?

For example, the following fault message in a wsdl:

<message name="SampleFaultMessage">

<part name="fault" element="tns:SampleFault"/>

</message>

upon running the wsdl2java utility will create the java file
(SampleFaultMessage.java) as shown below.

public class SampleFaultMessage extends java.lang.Exception{

}

Let's say I have a bussiness exception called MyException.java.

public class MyException extends java.lang.Exception{

}

Is it possible through wsdl2java such that the SampleFaultMessage extends
MyException as shown below.

public class SampleFaultMessage extends MyException{

}

Can the following above be possible by wsdl2java? In case this is not
possible, could you please suggest us some workarounds or possible solution
that we can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your help.