axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chinmoy Chakraborty" <cch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservice and Japanese Characters
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:49:49 GMT
Hi Carsten,

Default encoding is what you have in your system. E.g. I am running on
Windows XP and my default encoding was something like "windows-1258" (in
regional setting mine was English - United States).....so i had to read the
iputstream in UTF-8 format because characters were coming in as UTF-8.

There are different character-sets. Java also needs to support the
character-set (character-encoding) you want to send in the right format.

Chinmoy