axis-java-user mailing list archives

From SGruver...@intellicare.com
Subject Re: Hot update: Too Many Open Files
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:22:49 GMT
Thomas,

This is very similar to two threads I started, one in May ("cached archive
files not deleted") and one in July ("Axis2 work files not deleted").

I did not here reports from anyone else experiencing this. Particularly
interesting because our environment is similar:
Tomcat 5.5.17
CentOS 4.3
Axis2 1.3

Are you by any chance running your OS under VMWare??

Anyway, the solution (or workaround) is to deploy your web services and
modules as an exploded directory structure rather than an AAR or MAR
archive. One of the posts in the second thread has more details.

- Steve

Steve Gruverman, Programmer
IntelliCare, Inc. | A Medco Health Solutions Company

500 Southborough Drive | South Portland ME 04106

"Talbott, Thomas" <Thomas.Talbott@serialssolutions.com> wrote on 08/29/2008
02:10:32 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> Hot update: Too Many Open Files
>
> Talbott, Thomas
>
> to:
>
> Axis2
>
> 08/29/2008 02:11 PM
>
> Please respond to axis-user@ws.apache.org
>
> Hey all,
>
> Our project just started utilizing Axis2 for our web service framework
and
> we are running into an issue with Hot Update.  We recognize that this is
not
> recommended for production, but would like to use it in our staging
> environment that will be managed through a continuous integration
platform.

> The problem is after a few days, we started getting the following when
the
> aar file was updated:
>
> 8/27|13:52:57 [Timer-3] INFO :ServiceDeployer  - Deploying Web service:
> version-1.4.aar - file:/var/tomcat5/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services/ve
> rsion-1.4.aar
> 8/27|13:52:57 [Timer-3] WARN :Utils  - Exception extracting jars into
> temporary directory : java.io.IOException: Too many open files : switch
> ing to alternate class loading mechanism
> 8/27|13:52:59 [Timer-3] ERROR:ServiceDeployer  - The tc_web_service_1.aar
> service, which is not valid, caused The following error occurred du
> ring schema generation: Class Not found :
> com.sersol.fedsearch.dta.server.service.TCWSServer
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error
> occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : com.sersol.fedsearc
>
> We are currently running Axis2 1.4 under Tomcat 5.5.26 on CentOS 5.2
(Linux
> version 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5 (mockbuild@builder15.centos.org) (gcc version
> 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)) #1 SMP Wed Jun 25 13:45:47 EDT 2008).
>
> If I look at the open files, the majority are under the work folder in
the
> Tomcat directory structure.  Example:

/var/cache/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis21612jaxen-1.1.1