axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wally Dennis" <Wally.Den...@Hewitt.com>
Subject Re: Client handler tutorial
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:08:04 GMT
One way to specify the conf and repo for stand-alone clients is to use -D
JVM parameters as shown here:

-Daxis2.repo=C:\Axis2\repository
-Daxis2.xml=C:\Axis2\conf\axis2.xml

Wally

"Detelin Yordanov" <detelinyordanov@gmail.com>

08/13/2008 10:26 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Client handler tutorial

Hi,
   When using Axis2 client (e.g. ServiceClient) you do not need any
servlet container, it just uses Apache HttpClient to
send and receive the request (if using HTTP). Underneath the ServiceClient
will setup normal Axis2 runtime (as the one on server side) to process
messages.
The ServiceClient has constructors to specify an Axis2
ConfigurationContext which points to the "client-side" Axis2 configuration
file,
if no ConfigurationContext is given it will use (I think) a default
axis2.xml from the Axis2 kernel jar.

So if you need to define any handlers or whatsoever, you can create  your
axis2-conf for the client side, add your handlers, then create a
ConfigurationContext and finally a ServiceClient.

Regards,
    Detelin

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Franklin, Allen <