axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shehan Simen <ssi...@itree.com.au>
Subject RE: Out Of Memory issue in axis2 1.4
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 05:22:20 GMT
Hi Thilina,
I looked the tcpmon and confirm that it is inside the body. But still I Can't understand why
it is sending the attachment inside the soap body.
I followed the http://wso2.org/library/264 to send attachments using MTOM

Reading to the OMElement can be overcome by increasing the heap memory size of the tomcat
server. But the fundamental question still remains, that is why the attachment is going inside
the soap body? I tried almost everything to send it as an mtom attachment.
Much appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Regards,
ssimen

From: Thilina Gunarathne [mailto:csethil@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 11 August 2008 3:14 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Out Of Memory issue in axis2 1.4

Hi,

Yes, it is sending inside the soap body rather than an attachment. Why it is going inside
the soap body? I changed all the required changes to send it as separate attachment.

(stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(

                              Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_MTOM, Constants.VALUE_TRUE);)

Next question is, eventhough it is sending inside the soap bosy, what the problem of it? Is
there any size limitation to the soap message?
It's the JVM heap size... The message get's loaded in to the memory with added base64 overhead.
 Did you check the message using TCPMON or are you referring to the message you see in the
database..

I am reading the whole request to the OMElement to save it in the database.

Is that the problem?

How can I fix it? Please help me.
You can fix it by sending the binary data as an attachment.. But even the cached attachment
will get loaded to the memory if you are reading the whole request to an OMElement and writing
it to the database. You will need to specially handle the cached binary data file..

thanks,
Thilina

Thank you.

Regards,