axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Afkham Azeez" <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] axis2 aar file gets deleted when restarting JBOSS
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 06:20:39 GMT
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Elton Kong <elton@apple.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the response but for the 2 copy commands...
>
> 3. cp -r /home/elton/axis-1.4/WEB-INF/modules /home/elton/axis2-1.4
> 4. cp -r /home/elton/axis-1.4/WEB-INF/services /home/elton/axis2-1.4
>
> Did you mean to put them in axis2-repo?

Yes, that is what it means.

> Also after doing this can I simply remove the war file from my deploy
> folder?
> Thanks!

No you cannot delete it from the JBoss deploy directory. You need to keep
both the axis2.war file in the deploy dir as well as the axis2-repo. If you
do that, there will be no Axis2 webapp to be deployed. The Axi2 webapp
contains the Web services engine + other stuff that know how to handle &
process SOAP & REST requests. The Axis2 repo is the place where you deploy
the Web services & Axis2 modules you write. So,  Axis2 runs as a Web
services container, within the JBoss servlet container. Is this clear now?