axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "José Ferreiro" <jose.ferre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I transfer/response an JPG or PDF file from server to client via AXIS 1.x?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:27:43 GMT
Hello Thomas,

It is possible to transfer other data from the server to the client than
XML.
This can be done by sending binary data within the SOAP message.

See an example for Axis 1.x here:
http://www.agileskills2.org/DWSAA/v10pub/source.zip

Unzip the folder and refer to the folder *image service* : which shows the
example of uploading a JPG image from the client to the web service in the
server. For your example you only need to switch the request and the
response in the wsdl file.

Hope this helps.

Jose Ferreiro