axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Lars Ericsson <larslars9...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Webservice called from another websiervice
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:35:53 GMT
Chris!
Have you two stand-a-lone axis on the same machine?
/l

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Richmond <crichmond@referentia.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:36:54 AM
Subject: RE: Axis2 Webservice called from another websiervice

Good luck with that.

I had a project a few months ago where I had one proxy webservice in Axis2 hosted in tomcat
that called another webservice and could NEVER get it to work.  It would crash after 10 calls
or so within a minute, create phantom services after calls to the proxy service side, and
the method signatures of those “phantom “ services exactly matched the methods on my client
proxies to the 2nd service…in short..there are MAJOR in memory collisions taking place whereas
the Axis2 stack gets confused.   All in all, it was a miserable failure for using one service
calling another, which is practically SOP in the WS world and I’ve done it with every other
WS stack I’ve used.  In the end I had to retool my middleware layer to use another WS stack.

I believe this is a difficult problem or bug as I never got a single answer or hint from many,
many mails to this and other lists that was related to the problem.  This problem might have
been resolved, but I never found a resolution, and the nature of the responses I got indicates
to me that no one ever really understood the problem…either from my lack of ability to communicate
it in several attempts or due complex systematic nature of the problem(not an easily identifiable
defect).

If you ever successfully get Axis2 webservice calling another webservice working and working
at production levels, I’d love to hear how you did it.

Chris