axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <paul.ocklef...@nhs.net>
Subject RE: Axis web service methods
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:22:28 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the link and the explanation, appreciated.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:pzfreo@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 August 2008 10:13
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; paul.ockleford@nhs.net
Subject: Re: Axis web service methods

Paul

It depends on the setting you choose. For example in Axis2, there is a
setting "scope". This has four options:

* request - a new object is newed up for every request (no synchronization
required)
* transportsession - one object per HTTP session (may need sync)
* soapsession - same, except the session is managed using SOAP headers (may
need sync)
* application - one object for all requests (needs synchronization)

This article explains better:
http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661

Paul

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:00 AM,  <paul.ockleford@nhs.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a basic question about the axis web service methods that are
exposed.

> Does Axis create a new object of a class that has an exposed method
> for each request that comes in or do the methods on those classes need
> to be synchronised?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Ockleford

> * This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged
> information.
> If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose,
> copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in
> reliance on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be
unlawful.
> Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray
> before deleting it.  Thank you.
>
> 2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to
> pay tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the
> service, and celebrate their achievements.
>
> If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account,
> go
> to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2