axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Adams" <simon.ad...@parallelglobal.com>
Subject RE: Returning 2d arrays
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:31:52 GMT
Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm really stuck as I am essentially
returning the subset of a database table, and so need rows and columns.

From: Simon Adams [mailto:simon.adams@parallelglobal.com]
Sent: 23 July 2008 10:26
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Returning 2d arrays

Chaps,

I wrote a service for axis 1.4 that had a method that returned
String[][]. Using the standard java2wsdl and wsdl2java a method stub was
created that returned String[][] and it all worked fine.

My client now wants to upgrade to Axis2, but using java2wsdl and
wsdl2java now generates a stub that returns only a String[], and
apparantely Axis2 doesn't support 2d arrays. I'm not really a SOAP
expert, but is there a way around this?

Cheers,

Simon