axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Roxanne Yee" <r...@akimeka.com>
Subject Newbie Question: Rampart passwordCallbackClass
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:10:31 GMT
Does anyone know what the <passwordCallbackClass> class does in detail?

For instance, what happens if you return? With regards to a User Name Token, is it just given
a "username" and returns/sets the "password"? What part authenticates the username and password
pair?

Any help would be great! I'm new to Java so even general Java knowledge is appreciated!

-----Original Message-----
From: Chau, Hoang [mailto:Hoang_Chau@adp.com]
Sent: Mon 7/14/2008 6:49 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; j.o.s.e.f.e.r.r.e.i.r.o@gmail.com
Subject: RE: WSS4J , Rampart

Thanks Jose.  It clarifies my question.

________________________________

From: José Ferreiro [mailto:jose.ferreiro@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 9:44 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Hello,

Basically, you may use WSS4J with Axis 1.x to implement WS-Security.

Rampart is the WS-Security module in Axis 2. Rampart uses WSS4J.

Hope this helps.

José Ferreiro

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Chau, Hoang <Hoang_Chau@adp.com> wrote:

	Hi all,

	I am new to webservice security so could anyone tell me the difference between WSS4j and
Rampart or point me the link talk about them.

	Thanks