axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Ojeda <doj...@integra.la>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Activate Log4j
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:32:27 GMT
Hello,

Use different appenders for each webservice implementation:
log4j.logger.my.ws.test = TRACE, Appender1
log4j.logger.my.otherws.test = TRACE, Appender2
... an so on...

You will run into trouble if both webservices use the same classes, for instance
a my.utilclass...

Check the log4j documentation on Appenders for more info...

Bye

On Monday 14 July 2008 06:10:31 am David wrote:
> Thx, This is already done in webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/classes under tomcat,
> and I found my error, now I can log my WS by put this line in the
> webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties :
> log4j.logger.my.ws.test=TRACE
>
> But all the logs of my service are written in the same logfile as all
> Axis2, so can I separate the log of my sources ?
>
> thx
>

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Jan Verstuyft
> <janverstuyft@googlemail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > If I'm right, Axis2 use common logging instead of log4j.  You can
> > override this by putting a commons-logging.properties beside your
> > log4j.properties with following content:
> >
> > org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogge
> >
> > So you redirect your common logging to log4j.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Jan Verstuyft
> >
> > 2008/7/14 David <cmoileplusbo@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I made a webservice in Axis2 and it's working very well but now I would
> >
> > like
> >
> > > to put some log in it with log4j.
> > > My firsts attempts didn't worked, what is the right way to implement
> > > log
> >
> > in
> >
> > > a webservice Axis2 ?
> > > Modifiy axis2/web-inf/classes/log4j.properties ?
> > >
> > > I already put a myLog4j.properties in tomcat/conf and put a
> > > PropertyConfigurator.configure("/myLog4j.properties") in the
> > > constructor
> >
> > of
> >
> > > my webservice. Without results...
> > >
> > > thx