axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Clegg" <andrew.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSD inheritance (via extension) in WSDLs (top-down)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:05:34 GMT
2008/6/26 Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com>:

> Here your request should be something like this
>
> <soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:typ="http://ws.cathdb.info/Types">
>   <soapenv:Header/>
>   <soapenv:Body>
>      <typ:SubmitBlast>
>         <typ:query_data xsi:type="FastaRecord" >
>                <header>tess</header>
>                <Sequence></Sequence>
>        </typ:query_data>
>      </typ:SubmitBlast>
>   </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>

Yep, that's what I was hoping for...

> Try to invoke this service ether using an XMLBean client or an ADB client.
> Then you can get a proper request.

Unfortunately we're developing publically available services so can't
really mandate a particular client. Also we're part of a consortium
that requires SoapUI test suites, so our schema needs to be able to
generate healthy requests in SoapUI.

I've gone for a solution involving xsd:choice elements rather than
inheritance, which seems to work fine in SoapUI and to sit more
happily with ADB than the inheritance structure did. XMLBeans just
seems unnecessarily complicated...

By the way, in the process, I hit upon a case under XMLBeans where the
response documents failed validation against the original WSDL. Should
I post a test case that demonstrates this? Or is Axis2 with XMLBeans
not guaranteed to produce conformant responses?

Andrew.