axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS-I Compliance Assertion: BP2402
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:11:51 GMT
Muralidaran,

I'm at a loss to explain why you are receiving the BP2404 validation
error. As far as I can see, your WSDL contains a valid SOAP binding.
Which validation tool are you using? Perhaps it is looking for the
literal string "soapbind:binding" rather than the semantic equivalent
-- in your case "soap:binding". For testing purposes, I suggest
editing the WSDL to convert the "soap" prefix declaration and all
instances of its use to "soapbind".

As for the namespace question: Can you tell me why you chose to define
your message structures with no namespaces?  SOAP systems typically
work and interoperate better if you use QNames. (e.g., .NET 1.1
requires qualified names of all elements.)

You have three ways to reference schema components defined in external schemas:
- include: to reference components in external schemas in the same namespace
- import: to reference components in external schemas in different
namespaces (including no namespace)
- redefine: to reference and modify components in external schemas in
the same namespace or in no namespace

If you use redefine to reference external schemas with no namespace,
those components will be added to the redefining schema's namespace.

Schemas that do not declare a targetNamespace define components in the
"no namespace" namespace.

The elementFormDefault and attributeFormDefault attributes on a schema
declaration determine if local elements and attributes are assigned to
the targetNamespace or in no namespace. If you specify
elementFormDefault="qualified", then all local elements are assigned
to the targetNamepsace. If you specify
elementFormDefault="unqualified" or if you do not specify this
attribute, then local elements are assigned to no namespace.

You cannot reference locally declared components. (A global element is
declared as a direct child of the <schema> element. A local element is
declared as a child of some other element, e.g., a complexType.)

Your v1 WSDL with its imports and includes was valid, but I suspect
that many toolkits will get confused when you attempt to import
without specifying a namespace.

Your v2 WSDL with the copy and paste also appears to be valid.

In both cases, all child elements of your top level message elements
should be unqualified. In V2 they are defined as local elements and
you have not specified elementFormDefault="qualified". I think it's an
error for SOAPUI to generate the namespace prefixes on the child
elements.

Your WSDL currently defines only a SOAP 1.1 binding. You can add a
SOAP 1.2 binding if you'd like to also support SOAP 1.2 requests.
Axis2 can accept either type of binding.

Anne