axis-java-user mailing list archives

From pierre.casen...@almerys.com
Subject RE [Axis2] Crash during Hot Update
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:58:09 GMT
Hi,
I have done more testing: the hot update works succefully on my local
tomcat server and my local websphere 6.1 instance.
It crashes only on websphere 6.1 Network Deployment edition on Linux.
I have correctly set the classloading to PARENT_LAST.
Another difference between my websphere local instance and deployed
server: the deployed server is behind a reverse proxy (so I have to set
httpFrontendHostUrl property) but I don't think this is the root cause.
So I don't really know where to look at.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Pierre

pierre.casenove@almerys.com
09/06/2008 15:31
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
[Axis2] Crash during Hot Update

Hi,
I encounter an issue with the hot update functionnality.
I deploy my Axis2 based web application, all the web services are
deployed. Using Axis2 admin, I upload the same .aar file as the one
included in the web app and I encounter this error:
[Timer-8] 2008-06-09 15:25:01,583 INFO  ServiceDeployer.java [deploy] The
DEVPEC.aar service, which is not valid, caused
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:214)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.loadMessageReceiver(DescriptionBuilder.java:191)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.processMessageReceivers(DescriptionBuilder.java:170)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:245)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceGroupBuilder.populateServiceGroup(ServiceGroupBuilder.java:101)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:103)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:137)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:78)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:137)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:571)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList.java:141)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener.java:318)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryListener.java:220)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.startListener(RepositoryListener.java:312)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.checkRepository(SchedulerTask.java:64)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.java:71)

        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.Scheduler$SchedulerTimerTask.run(Scheduler.java:83)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.protocol.MultiplexingURLStreamHandler.toExternalForm(MultiplexingURLStreamHandler.java:220)

        at java.net.URL.toExternalForm(URL.java:933)
        at java.net.URL.toString(URL.java:919)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:1505)
        at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:194)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:365)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:574)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:522)
        at
com.almerys.cleyris.ws.devpec.v01_05_04.fsa.DEVPECServiceMessageReceiverInOut.<clinit>(DEVPECServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:33)

        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:192)
        ... 20 more

The WS uses JAXB2 databinding and crashes on this line:

jc = javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(Cancel.class);

I'm currently using Axis2 v 1.3.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Pierre