axis-java-user mailing list archives

From pierre.casen...@almerys.com
Subject Re: RE [Axis2] Crash during Hot Update
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:48:27 GMT
Just in case someone else has the problem:
It was in fact a WebSphere known bug:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg1PK51495

I've updated my Websphere instance, and everything works.

Pierre

pierre.casenove@almerys.com
10/06/2008 10:22
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: RE [Axis2] Crash during Hot Update

Hi,
This solution does not work.
I've done a bit more testing:
- I have integrated Axis2 1.4 : same behaviour.
- I put the aar file in the services directory AND the web service jar in
the WEB-INF/lib directory, with all Axis2 jars, it works!

So I wonder if the problem is not in Axis2, when it tries to detect the
class loader to use. For some reason, it provides the class loader of WAR
application and not the WS class loader.
Does someone have a way to check this?

Pierre

"Martin" <mgainty@hotmail.com>
09/06/2008 19:35

Veuillez répondre à
"Martin" <mgainty@hotmail.com>

<pierre.casenove@almerys.com>
cc

Objet
Re: RE [Axis2] Crash during Hot Update

Bonjour Pierre

Did you get a chance to read this article about not using PARENT_LAST
solution for xerces from Barry Searle (IBM Canada)?
1.        Get the currently executing thread contextclassloader and save
it, as shown below:
ClassLoader savedClassloader =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassloader();
2.        Set the contextclassloader to its own classloader, as shown
below:
Thread.currentThread().setContextClassloader(
this.getClass().getClassLoader() );
3.        Invoke the Xerces parsing operations it needs to use
4.        Restore the contextclassloader, as shown below:
Thread.currentThread().setContextClassloader( savedClassLoader );

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0310_searle/searle.html

Bon Chance
Martin