axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vingu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: How to dump SOAP message contents?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:31:29 GMT
Or, you can install the attached Perl CGI script to a server like Apache
or IIS.  I initially wrote it to test WS-Notification messages, but it
can also be used for general testing.  Just send your SOAP request to
the CGI as the "endpoint", and it'll dump the HTTP headers and SOAP
content to a temp file.  This way, you can see exactly what was sent by
your client.

-Vinh

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Weaver [mailto:gary.weaver@duke.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 10:37 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; satish_madanwad@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: How to dump SOAP message contents?

In addition to using tcp tunnel or tcpmon you can just use logging to
log the request and response:

log4j.logger.httpclient.wire.content=DEBUG

(within log4j.properties file in classpath (or within common/classes/,
shared/classes/, or (webapp)/WEB-INF/classes/, etc.)

That won't print the HTTPHeaders though, although the only thing in the
header that seems of much importance is SOAPAction.

Hope this helps,
Gary

--
Gary Weaver
Internet Framework Services

Juergen Weber wrote:
> see http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1049605.html
>
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM, satish madanwad
> <satish_madanwad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I am using WebServices with Apache Axis in my programs. I have
generated
>> client stubs and can prepare and  send the WebService request
properly.

>>   I am trying to dump SOAP message (XML format) which is sent to
WebServer