axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sanjay Vivek" <Sanjay.Vi...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject WSSE security headers not being send by client.
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:00:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been working with Rampart 1.3 for a while now and decided to move
on to Rampart 1.4 by working with the tutorial at
http://wso2.org/library/3190. However, when I try to call the service
with the sample client provided with the tutorial, I get the following
exceptions:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: SOAP header
missing
	at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java
:512)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(Out
InAxisOperation.java:370)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:416)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:228)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceStub.add(SecureServiceStub.java:187
)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceCGClient.main(SecureServiceCGClient
.java:39)

And from looking at the TCPMON logs, the WSSE security headers are
missing in the SOAP request message as shown below:

 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:add xmlns:ns1="http://service.rampart.tutorial">
            <ns1:a>3</ns1:a>
            <ns1:b>4</ns1:b>
         </ns1:add>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

Rampart is engaged on the client side so the WSSE security headers
really should be in the SOAP request message. I've also tried the exact
same tutorial with Rampart 1.3 and it works just fine. I downloaded
Rampart 1.4 from [1] and Apache 2.1.4 from [2]. Are these 2 sites the
right place to download the latest Rampart 1.4 and Apache 2.1.4
respectively? Any pointers on how I can rectify this will be most
welcome. Cheers.

1 - http://ws.apache.org/rampart/download/1.4/download.cgi

2 - http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download/1_4/download.cgi

Regards