axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: How to Debug Axis2 Engine
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:48:04 GMT
Hi,

If you're running the Axis2 standalone server (i.e. by invoking the
AXIS2_HOME/bin/axis2server.sh) you can do this to debug axis2 code.
Edit the axis2server.sh file as follows.

Before the "java" invocation, declare an environment variable

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000"

Now insert $JAVA_OPTS to the execution line, as follows.

java $JAVA_OPTS -classpath "$AXIS2_CLASSPATH"
org.apache.axis2.transport.SimpleAxis2Server \
-repo "$AXIS2_HOME"/repository -conf "$AXIS2_HOME"/conf/axis2.xml $*

Now, when you invoke this script, execution will pause, listening at
port 8000.

"Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000"

Set your IDE to remote debug at 8000. You can of course change the debug
port number to a preferred one.

The *JMSMessageReceiver.java class in the axis2-kernel module and hence
in the axis2-kernel-1.4.jar file.

HTH.
Suran
*