axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jaybytez <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject ServiceClient ignores QName for operation specific invocation
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:00:53 GMT

I create a ServiceClient to call sendReceive, fireAndForget, sendRobust,
sendRobustNonBlocking and I utilize the method that takes the QName for the
WSDL Operation as well as the XML Message to send.  It does not matter what
I set the QName to, I always am able to send a request and receive a
response back, even if my QName used in the ServiceClient does not match the
targetNamespace defined in my WSDL.

After I create the service client, I call a method that contains this logic:

            if(isMockedService()) {
                mReply =
client.sendReceive((OMElement)getRequestWrapper().getRequest());
            }
            else {
                mReply = client.sendReceive(new
QName(webMethod.targetNamespace(),
                            webMethod.operationName()),
(OMElement)getRequestWrapper().getRequest());
            }

The interesting thing is that I can do the following:

            if(isMockedService()) {
                mReply =
client.sendReceive((OMElement)getRequestWrapper().getRequest());
            }
            else {
                mReply = client.sendReceive(new QName("bogusNamespace",
                            "bogusOperation"),
(OMElement)getRequestWrapper().getRequest());
            }

And I can still successfully invoke the operation defined in the WSDL.
Shouldn't this error out that the operation name did not exist in the WSDL?

Does this depend on whether I create a ServiceClient with a valid
serviceName and portName (because right now I set those values to null).

Thanks -jay