axis-java-user mailing list archives

From SGruver...@intellicare.com
Subject Re: cached archive files not deleted
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 13:01:15 GMT
Deepal,

Thanks for your reply.

Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote on 05/22/2008 01:34:45 AM:
> > In my Tomcat work directory (work\Catalina\localhost\axis2) I'm getting
> > multiple copies of the archives (jar, aar, mar):
> > axis211221antlr-2.7.6.jar
> > axis217411antlr-2.7.6.jar
> >
> Yes , Axis2 creates temp files from your services and modules , and
> create a class loader from that. In that way we can ensure better
> performance. This help us a lot when we have service aar or mar with
> third party library inside it.

I'm not questioning why temp files are created ....

Also in my original post:

>> ... A new one gets generated each time I restart Tomcat. On my Windows
XP
>> system, these are deleted each time Tomcat stops, but not on our Linux
>> systems.

I am trying to find out why they are not deleted at some point.

Do others have this problem? Is there something incorrect about my system
(permissions? ownership?)?
Have I missed a configuration setting somewhere?

Your explanation of why the temp files are created is appreciated.
Any suggestions about why they are not deleted before the next time they
are created would be even more appreciated!

- Steve

Steve Gruverman, Programmer
IntelliCare, Inc. | A Medco Health Solutions Company

500 Southborough Drive | South Portland ME 04106
p: (207) 253-2152 | f: (207) 773-1857
w: www.intellicare.com | e: sgruverman@intellicare.com