axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Parham, Clinton" <cpar...@biosignia.com>
Subject Basic Axis/Axiom usage question
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 20:59:29 GMT
Hello.

I'm getting my feet wet with Axis & Axiom and something is just not clicking for me. Let's
say I have a web service method that accepts and returns OMElements. The web service receives
some data and builds a java.util.Collection of results objects that I need to send back as
an XML payload in the response.

What is the correct (most efficient memory-wise) way to do this? Do I merely use factory.createOMElement
/ element.addAttribute to recreate the Collection objects in XML? Or, do I use something more
elaborate like somehow wrapping the Collection with OMSourcedElementImpl and using OMDataSource?

Some guidance and pointers to a similar example would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Clinton