axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Verran" <glen.ver...@traderoot.com>
Subject [axis2] java2wsdl - missing enum
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 10:48:34 GMT
Hi folks,

I am generating my WSDL from java using ?wsdl in the browser for my web
service.  I am using Axis2 1.4 and running on Tomcat 5.5.26.

I have a single class as a parameter for one of the methods of the
webservice.  One of the variables in that class is of the type below.

@XmlType(name = "DataEncodingType")
@XmlEnum
public enum DataEncodingType {

    RAW("RAW"),
    HEX("HEX"),
    @XmlEnumValue("BASE64")
    BASE_64("BASE64");
    private final String value;

    DataEncodingType(String v) {
        value = v;
    }

    public String value() {
        return value;
    }

    public static DataEncodingType fromValue(String v) {
        for (DataEncodingType c: DataEncodingType.values()) {
            if (c.value.equals(v)) {
                return c;
            }
        }
        throw new IllegalArgumentException(v);
    }

}

As you can see, this is a JAXB generated class.

But when I generate the WSDL, the complex type that represents this
class, looks like this:

<xs:complexType name="DataEncodingType">
  <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base="xs:Enum">
      <xs:sequence/>
    </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

This is not correct as i am expecting to see the enum values represented
in the class above, present in the complexType.

Can somebody please let me know how to fix this?   This used to work a
while back, but for some reason, this isn't working anymore.

Hope to hear from you
~Glen