axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can I use use rampart with JAX-WS style webservice
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 07:57:06 GMT
I haven't tried this but I think the following solution will work:

- first implement lifecycle management on the service [1]
- now in the "init" method you can get hold of the AxisService
instance and then you can engage the rampart module on it.
- Finally you can load the policy from a file as an
org.apache.neethi.Policy object and add that to the AxisService
instance as well.

Now you have a WS-Sec enabled service :-)

HTH

Thanks,
Ruchith

p.s. You can also try WSO2 WSAS [2] and try the WS-Sec support
available as well!

1. http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/api/org/apache/axis2/service/Lifecycle.html
2. http://wso2.org/downloads/wsas

--