axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] RE: [ANN] Apache Axis2 1.4 Released
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 04:41:45 GMT

> Hi,
>
> What's very interesting to me is that I haven't seen any emails from the
> Axis2 team notifying developers that 1.4 will be released, or even vote
> for it to be released.
Well I am not sure about the user list , but there was a discussion on
Axis2 dev lits. First one was initiated by me and second one by Dims. I
am sure that when I send the mail I CCed that to user list as well.
>  This would have given developers/contributors a
> chance to review the state of the latest build, check if there are any
> critical bugs still outstanding, and then vote if everyone is fine with
> the release.
>
> I think this should be the normal process for open source projects (as
> it already is for a few other Apache projects).
>
> I also didn't see emails to the user group about an exact date planned
> for the 1.4 release.
Well with the new release process we can not tell an exact data , what
we can tell is around this time we can do a release.
> This would be nice so that the community can plan
> ahead in case people are waiting for certain bug fixes, and can find
> workarounds in case they know that 1.4 won't address their bug.
>
> Overall, more communication about planned releases would be nice:)
> Other than that, keep up the good work!

I would really appreciate your  comments and forgive us if we have
missed something. As well as I will make sure that will not happen in
the future (if it has happen this time)

-Deepal