axis-java-user mailing list archives

From R.F.J.G.Verb...@delagelanden.com
Subject [Axis2 1.4] Hot deployment fails
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 13:53:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing our existing webservices for upgrade to axis2 1.4. Initially
I copied all aar-files (built with axis2 1.3) to the WEB-INF/services
directory. After I started the new (1.4) application, everything worked
fine. I haven't tested all services yet, but no errors on axis2 launch.

When I upload a single aar via the admin-console, the service becomes
invalid. Same happens when I copy the aar to the WEB-INF/services
directory. We are using hotdeploy and hotupdate.

This is the exception I get:

[INFO] org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The
docgenadapter service group name is not valid.

[INFO] The docgenadapter.aar service, which is not valid, caused
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Requested factory
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory cannot be located.  Classloader
=[ThreadContextLoader, current context: system.root:0.0.0]

            at
javax.xml.stream.FactoryLocator.loadFactory(FactoryLocator.java:120)

            at
javax.xml.stream.FactoryLocator.locate(FactoryLocator.java:109)

            at
javax.xml.stream.FactoryLocator.locate(FactoryLocator.java:54)

            at
javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:41)

            at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils$7.run(StAXUtils.java:311)

            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

            at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.getXMLInputFactory_perClassLoader(StA
XUtils.java:306)

            at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.getXMLInputFactory(StAXUtils.java:76)

            at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.createXMLStreamReader(StAXUtils.java:
131)

            at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.toOM(XMLUtils.java:596)

            at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.toOM(XMLUtils.java:581)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM(DescriptionBuilde
r.java:97)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGr
oup(ArchiveReader.java:77)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processService
Group(ArchiveReader.java:144)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:
81)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(De
ploymentFileData.java:136)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.j
ava:597)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList
.java:144)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener
.java:330)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryL
istener.java:227)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.startListener(RepositoryL
istener.java:324)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.checkRepository(Sche
dulerTask.java:64)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.ja
va:71)

            at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.Scheduler$SchedulerTimerTask.run(S
cheduler.java:83)

[INFO] org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException:
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Requested factory
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory cannot be located.  Classloader
=[ThreadContextLoader, current context: system.root:0.0.0]

This happens with all services I redeploy. But when I restart
application axis2, all services including this one is deployed normally
and works fine again.

This is my services.xml for this service:

<service name="DocGenAdapter" >

   <description>Interface for generating contracts</description>

   <messageReceivers>

            <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver" />

            <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>

  </messageReceivers>

  <parameter
name="ServiceClass">nl.cks.services.DocGenAdapter</parameter>

</service>

I 'm using the Eclipse Archiving plugin to create an aar file. In order
to solve this I installed the new 1.4 plugin and replaced all 1.3 jars
in the project classpath by the 1.4 jars from the binary distribution,
but the aar I created afterwards had the same deployment error.

Looks to me there's something missing for hot deployment. A
class-loading problem or something like that. Restarting axis ervery
time we need to redeploy a WS is a nice work around but a lot of work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Roel

The information transmitted via this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.