axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Tezcan.Dilshener.ext...@HVBIS.com>
Subject AW: can I use use rampart with JAX-WS style webservice
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 11:42:44 GMT
Hi
thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately it does not seem to do the trick.
I am getting the following error.

[ERROR] com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 32 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
org.apache.axiom.attachments.lifecycle.LifecycleManager is an interface, and JAXB can't handle
interfaces.

I am beginning to think that it is not possible to engage Rampart with annotations.

cheers
Tezcan
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ruchith Fernando [mailto:ruchith.fernando@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Mai 2008 09:57
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: can I use use rampart with JAX-WS style webservice

I haven't tried this but I think the following solution will work:

- first implement lifecycle management on the service [1]
- now in the "init" method you can get hold of the AxisService instance and then you can engage
the rampart module on it.
- Finally you can load the policy from a file as an org.apache.neethi.Policy object and add
that to the AxisService instance as well.

Now you have a WS-Sec enabled service :-)

HTH

Thanks,
Ruchith

p.s. You can also try WSO2 WSAS [2] and try the WS-Sec support available as well!

1. http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/api/org/apache/axis2/service/Lifecycle.html
2. http://wso2.org/downloads/wsas

--
http://blog.ruchith.org