axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kraus, David" <dkr...@MicroStrategy.com>
Subject RE: Axis2 service that calls another service
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 19:53:53 GMT
One wonders whether this is related to some mechanism to protect against denial-of-service
attacks. Does axis2/tomcat have such a mechanism?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Richmond [mailto:crichmond@referentia.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:21 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Axis2 service that calls another service

Samisa,

I have included my exceptions being thrown.  Now before you bring up SSL or
anything else, there is NO SSL/HTTPS or any other security on the 3rd party
service that my service calls.  I believe this is part of an erroneous
error.  I can call my proxies to that 3rd party service from a desktop
application 100 times rapidly no problem, but wrap those proxies in my web
service and try to call my service then I get this after about 10 calls or
so.  If it was  a security issue it would have nothing to do with calling
from my desktop application or from within my service and would fail on the
first call, not only under rapid call load, don't you think?

Thanks,

Chris

SEVERE: null

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 403 Error: Access Forbidden

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.java:29
8)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:192)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:77)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithC
ommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:327)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTT
PTransportSender.java:206)

            at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:396)

            at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperatio
n.java:374)

            at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisO
peration.java:211)

            at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)

            at
com.org.mleadr.ws.casjobs.proxies.UsersStub.CreateAccount(UsersStub.java:208
)

            at
com.org.mleadr.users.AbstractUserManager.createUser(AbstractUserManager.java
:119)

            at
com.org.mleadr.ws.services.UserService.createUser(UserService.java:76)

            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)

            at
.java:25)

            at
org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCUtil.invokeServiceClass(RPCUtil.java:194)

            at
org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(RPCMes
sageReceiver.java:98)

            at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(
AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)

            at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageRe
ceiver.java:96)

            at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:145)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HT
TPTransportUtils.java:275)

            at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:120)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

            at
FilterChain.java:290)

            at
ain.java:206)

            at
va:233)

            at
va:175)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128
)

            at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102
)

            at
:109)

            at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http
11Protocol.java:584)

            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

May 13, 2008 1:55:34 PM com.org.mleadr.users.AbstractUserManager
recurseErrors

May 13, 2008 1:55:34 PM com.org.mleadr.ws.services.UserService createUser