axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Sprat <rexclaim...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] valid SOAP operations
Date Sat, 31 May 2008 05:12:27 GMT
It's not quite as simple as that. In this case, I was to bypass the authentication if a simple
echo request is received.  So I need to ensure the SOAPAction is valid and then check whether
it is an echo request.  If it is an echo then continue. If not, then authenticate the user
in the SOAP header.

Thanks,

Eran Chinthaka <eran.chinthaka@gmail.com> wrote: Ok now I am getting the picture here.

Are you trying to make sure the SOAP message that is just received has a proper operation
name in it. If that is the case, don't worry about that, we are already doing that for you
within dispatch phase. Dispatching is all about finding the correct service and operation.
If we can not find it, we will send an error to the user, before the end of the dispatch phase.
So your handler will be redundant if you put it.

HTH
Chinthaka