axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Haigh <Doug.Ha...@sas.com>
Subject RE: XMLStreamException "the prefix ==> Already exists for namespace" when WS-Security Rampart is engaged for Axis 2 web-services
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 12:05:27 GMT
I am writing a client. I have to include a username/pwd for a request going to the server for
WS-Security.

Isn’t outflow on a client the part that does stuff when a request is sent from client to
server in that it flows out of the client and into the server?

If that is the case, I cannot remove it.

From: RICHARD FEATHERSTONE [mailto:ricshouse@btinternet.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:39 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: XMLStreamException "the prefix ==> Already exists for namespace" when WS-Security
Rampart is engaged for Axis 2 web-services

If only the server requires authentication you can take the outflow out. If the client needs
to authenticate the response from the server you cannot.

As soon as I get a chance I'll get a test case together and submit a bug (unless one of you
get in first)

Until then maybe one of the Rampart devs would like to acknowledge the problem and maybe even
fix it?