axis-java-user mailing list archives

From stlecho <stle...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving content from base64Binary element results in an empty byte[]
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 15:07:48 GMT

Hi,

I have a WSDL that contains a list of certificates. The required elements
(CertificateChain & certificate) are described as follows:
<xs:complexType
name="RequestContextTypeWithCertifs"><xs:complexContent><xs:extension
base="co:requestContextType"><xs:sequence><xs:element
name="certificateChain"
type="CertificateChain"/></xs:sequence></xs:extension></xs:complexContent></xs:complexType>
<xs:complexType name="CertificateChain"><xs:sequence><xs:element
name="certificate" type="xs:base64Binary" minOccurs="4"
maxOccurs="4"/></xs:sequence></xs:complexType>

Using the following Java code
OMElement certifChainElement = ...;
CertificateChain certifChain =
CertificateChain.Factory.parse(certifChainElement.getXMLStreamReader());
log.debug(certifChain.xmlText());

generates
<certificateChain
xmlns="..."><certificate>...</certificate>...</certificateChain>
as output.

So far so good, my certificateChainelement contains a list of 4 certificate
elements.

But there is a problem when I would like to iterate on the contents of the
certificateChain element, i.e. the  certificate elements. Using
certifChain.getCertificateArray().length or
certifChain.xgetCertificateArray().length generates in both cases 0 instead
of 4.

How I can get the content of the certificateChainelement ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.