axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Please help: Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Axis2 Can't find Spring's ApplicationContext
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:39:18 GMT
Axis2 1.4? r u sure? If you use the now unsupported Axis 1.4 it should generate wsdl1.1 (rpc/encoded).
You in all-likelihood will not get any Axis2 guru support on using Axis 1.4. I have had this
problem myself at one time. The difference between rpc/encoded and document/literal is a major
difference. Go back to Apache Axis and look specifically at: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_4.
Also, see: http://www.ws-i.org/. HTH.

Michael Bauer wrote ..
>   am getting really desperate for help here.  Its possible that my
> emails are not making it to the group, but I hope someone can get me
> pointed in the right direction.
>
> I am trying to deploy a WS in Axis2 that was created using
> wsdl2java.sh.  I took the generated files, extended the Skeleton, and
> modified the services.xml to grab the Impl class from Spring.
>
> The end-goal is to have a web service that I can import using
> FlexBuilder 3's WS import function.  When I kicked off the process,
> however, FlexBuilder complained that the WSDL 2.0 file produced was
> not a valid WSDL.  Further digging showed that FlexBuilder doesn't
> seem to support WSDL 2.0, so I tried to follow the recommendation of
> the WSDL 1.1 page and set the useOriginalwsdl to false (it was set to
> true).  However, doing so leaves a nasty stack trace:
>
> 08:58:43,038 ERROR [STDERR]
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error
> occurred during schema generation: null
> 08:58:43,039 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache
> .axis2
> .deployment
> .ServiceGroupBuilder.populateServiceGroup(ServiceGroupBuilder.java:106)
> 08:58:43,039 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache
> .axis2
> .deployment
> .repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:110)
> 08:58:43,039 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache
> .axis2
> .deployment
> .repository.util.ArchiveReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:
> 179)
> 08:58:43,039 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:81)
> 08:58:43,039 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache
> .axis2
> .deployment
> .repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:136)
>

> Whats interesting is further below in the stack trace:
> 08:58:43,081 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
> Axis2 Can't find Spring's ApplicationContext
> 08:58:43,081 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
> 08:58:43,081 ERROR [STDERR]     at
> org
> .apache
> .axis2
> .extensions
> .spring
> .receivers
> .SpringAppContextAwareObjectSupplier
> .getServiceObject(SpringAppContextAwareObjectSupplier.java:63)
> 08:58:43,081 ERROR [STDERR]     ... 159 more
>
> Through some research on Google, I found an article suggesting this
> [...]
Yet some, not wise, go to the other side of the globe, to barbarous and unhealthy regions,
and devote ten or twenty years, in that they may live,-that is, keep comfortably warm,- and
die in New England at last.

Henry David Thoreau - Walden - 1845