axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ralf Kaiser" ...@lingosmart.de>
Subject "Refreshing" a webservice from WSDL
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 10:49:12 GMT
Hello,

when i'm working on a (top-to-bottom) webservice and i have written some
code for the included methods, how can i add new methods without overwriting
my old code?

Using the Eclipse-internal code generator overwrites my existing code with
some default implementations (throws an exception "Please implement...").
Using the Axis code generator does not alter anything on my existing code
(that is good). But it even does not add the new methods i have added to the
WSDL (that is bad)!

Do i have to plan my whole webservice as WSDL before starting to implement
something (i really cannot believe that!).

There MUST be a way to add new methods without overwriting existing
implementations, i think, but i have not found it so far...

Thanks in advance,
Ralf