axis-java-user mailing list archives

From stanl...@gmail.com
Subject The WS Crazy Train!
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:37:20 GMT
Can someone either provide me a URL for xanax or a site that explains the
interplay between SOAP/JAXB/WSDL/Schema/blah, blah, yada. yada? I am trying
to figure out what is actually necessary to produce & consume web services
in Java and I am hearing that many of these technologies are optional!  In
fact, today it was decided that WSDL2Java produced too many artifacts and
that writing web services could be much simpler.  How do RESTful web
services play into this mix, and what are the pros/cons to the permutations
of ws stacks?  I would gladly throw down my AMEX if someone can recommend a
good book/resource that might clear this confusion.

Peace,
--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com