axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Waldman" <mike...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Axis2 1.3 difference between reaching webservice via browser or via API
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:35:18 GMT
Hello there,

I'm working on  migrating my webservice from Axis 1 to Axis2!

I took the databinding wsdl sample from the axis2 package, and deployed it
with my server

Basically:

1/ used the intellij idea plugin to create the classes from the wsdl

2/ implemented some logic inside StockQuoteServiceSkeleton.java

3/ used the ant task jar.server to create the aar file

4/deployed in on my server

I can see the newly deployed service just fine, and I can even reach it (and
it work with my browser)

http://server/axis2/services/StockQuoteService/getStockQuote?symbol=test

now when I try to use the generated test client, or XML Spy I get 2 very
different results:

I'll only talk about XML Spy for now

It goes into the StockQuoteServiceSkeleton.java getStockQuote method (I've
added some print lines)

But when I ask to display the symbol that I've passes it returns a empty
string!

If you have any idea, please please let me know

 Thanks a lot in advance

-Mike