axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Armbrust" <daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS2 - Sad State of code generation tools?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:07:05 GMT
The spec I am working from is CTS:

http://informatics.mayo.edu/LexGrid/index.php?page=ctsspec

So that is where all of these data types that I reference originates from.

I'm not actually getting any errors at the moment - the main problem I
have is that the generated interfaces are just way off from the IDL
spec - and I didn't have this issue with Axis1.

In Wsdl - I see this:

            <xs:element name="UnexpectedError">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0"
name="UnexpectedError" nillable="true" type="ns0:UnexpectedError"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element

            <xs:complexType name="UnexpectedError">
                <xs:complexContent>
                    <xs:extension base="ns0:Exception">
                        <xs:sequence>
                            <xs:element minOccurs="0"
name="possible_cause" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                        </xs:sequence>
                    </xs:extension>
                </xs:complexContent>
            </xs:complexType>

..
 <wsdl:message name="UnexpectedError">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns0:UnexpectedError"/>
    </wsdl:message

        <wsdl:operation name="getSupportedMatchAlgorithms">
            <wsdl:input
message="ns0:getSupportedMatchAlgorithmsRequest"
wsaw:Action="urn:getSupportedMatchAlgorithms"/>
            <wsdl:output
message="ns0:getSupportedMatchAlgorithmsResponse"
wsaw:Action="urn:getSupportedMatchAlgorithmsResponse"/>
            <wsdl:fault message="ns0:UnexpectedError"
name="UnexpectedError"
wsaw:Action="urn:getSupportedMatchAlgorithmsUnexpectedError"/>
        </wsdl:operation>

But then in the generated java, (wsdl -> java) I get something more like this:

    public boolean isConceptIdValid(org.hl7.CTSVAPI.ConceptId concept_id4,
        boolean activeConceptsOnly)
        throws UnknownCodeSystemException3, UnexpectedErrorException4;
            UnexpectedErrorException4;

(also note the weird number on the variable which should be named "concept_id"

And I have classes like this:

public class UnexpectedErrorException4 extends java.lang.Exception {
    private org.hl7.CTSVAPI.UnexpectedError7 faultMessage;

public class UnexpectedError7 implements org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean {
    public static final javax.xml.namespace.QName MY_QNAME = new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("urn://hl7.org/CTSVAPI",
            "UnexpectedError", "ns1");

public class UnexpectedError extends org.hl7.CTSVAPI.Exception
implements org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean {

The CTS code is all open, from that website, so I can give you info on
how to get the Java code (that comes out of the IDL conversion) if you
want to test things yourself.

Thanks,

Dan