axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][1.3] soapsession management with serviceGroup
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:41:36 GMT

> Hi all,
>
> I have read different mailings in this list, but they did not answer my
> questions about soapsessions.
>

> Here is my scenario. I have two services deployed in a single
> servicegroup. I now have setup a client which calls the services and I
> can see that the ServiceGroupContext stays the same in the different
> services.

Ok.
> So here are my two questions:
> 1. Where am I supposed to store my session information?
It depends , if you want to share resources across your services in the
service group then store in the servicegroupcontext else store in the
service context.
> Is it the
> ServiceGroupContext? Am I supposed to create a SessionContext and store
> in the ServiceGroupContext?

If you store in ServiceGroupContext the all the services in that group
can access that , where as if you store that in ServiceContext only that
corresponding service can access that. SessionContext is totally
different thing it only uses for transport session , for soap session
you get NULL as SessionContext value.
> 2. I want to do some tidying up at the termination of the soapsession.
At the moment we do not have a way to do that. Your session get
terminated automatically unless you touch your services for sometime
(that time is configurable in axis2.xml)
> could use the destroy() methods in each service for the service-related
> stuff. But where is the right place to tidy up resources belonging to
> the whole serviceGroup, eg. database connections used by both services*?
> Similarly, I want to do some initialization for the whole service group.

For that there is something called ServiceLifeCycle class , that will
help you to do that , please have a following article to get some
understanding about that.

http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/3735771

Thank you!
Deepal