axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "SAINI, Nishant, IDC" <Nishant.SA...@rbs.com>
Subject RE: Axis2 - How to set a header attribute from client that can be get in a Handler
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:12:35 GMT
Thanks.

I got some information from http://www.scribd.com/doc/466238/Official-Documentation-ws-apache-org-Axis2-Part-2
and http://www.scribd.com/doc/466201/Official-Documentation-ws-apache-org-Axis2-Part-1 but
I wonder why this documentation is not available on http://ws.Apache.org website? Even there
are no links for this page on the site...

And who is managing this docs at scribd.com and is it up to date? Etc.

Nishant Saini
Application Developer
RBS India Development Centre (P) Ltd

T  +91 124 672 4125
M +91 99 71 800 549
nishant.saini@rbs.com
Unitech Business Park, Block F, Sector 41, South City, Phase 1,
Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana, India

The views expressed in above mail are not necessarily of my employer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepal jayasinghe [mailto:deepalk@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:58 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis2 - How to set a header attribute from client that can be get in a Handler

SAINI, Nishant, IDC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the header set from client at server by using the following code:
>
>     public InvocationResponse invoke(MessageContext mc) throws AxisFault {
>         org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPEnvelope env =  mc.getEnvelope();
>         SOAPHeader header = env.getHeader();
>         if(mc.getOptions().getTo().getAddress().endsWith("services/SimpleService")) {
>             Iterator iter = header.examineAllHeaderBlocks();
>             while(iter.hasNext()) {
>                 SOAPHeaderBlock headerBlock = (SOAPHeaderBlock) iter.next();
>                 System.out.println(headerBlock);
>                 }
>             }
>         }
>         InvocationResponse ir = InvocationResponse.CONTINUE;
>         return ir;
>     }
>
> Can anybody please tell me how can I set the header block in response from server so
that I can access it from client?

You have to write a handler and deploy that in the out flow. So that
your handler will do what you want to do.
- Get the SOAP message from the message context and then add your header
there.

Thank you!
Deepal

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbs.com/gbm
www.rbsgc.com