axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "SAINI, Nishant, IDC" <Nishant.SA...@rbs.com>
Subject Axis2 - How to set a header attribute from client that can be get in a Handler
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:56:58 GMT
Hi,

My Web Service is deployed in Apache Tomcat + Axis2.war and I am calling it using RPCServiceClient.
I am tying to set a String attribute to SOAP header from RPC Client. But the attribute is
not found in the SOAPEnvelope in the handler put by me on the server.

My client code is:
        RPCServiceClient serviceClient = new RPCServiceClient();
        Options options = serviceClient.getOptions();
        EndpointReference targetEPR = new EndpointReference("http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SimpleService");
        options.setTo(targetEPR);
        serviceClient.addStringHeader(new QName("http://ws.practice.com", "attr1"), "Attr1_Value");
        QName opGetName = new QName("http://ws.practice.com", "getName");
        Object[] opGetNameArgs = new Object[] {"1"};
        Class[] returnTypes = new Class[] { String.class };
        Object[] response = serviceClient.invokeBlocking(opGetName, opGetNameArgs, returnTypes);
        String result = (String) response[0];

The result obtained is fine but I am not able to get the "attr1" on the server side.

The handler's invoke method on server side is as follows:
    public InvocationResponse invoke(MessageContext mc) throws AxisFault {
        org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPEnvelope env =  mc.getEnvelope();
        SOAPHeader header = env.getHeader();
        Iterator iter = header.getAllAttributes();
        while(iter.hasNext()) {
            System.out.println(iter.next());
        }
        InvocationResponse ir = InvocationResponse.CONTINUE;
        return ir;
    }

The iterator on server side contains no objects.

Please provide your valuable suggestions and feedback.

Thanks and regards,

Nishant Saini
Application Developer
RBS India Development Centre (P) Ltd

T  +91 124 672 4125
M +91 99 71 800 549
nishant.saini@rbs.com
Unitech Business Park, Block F, Sector 41, South City, Phase 1,
Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana, India

The views expressed in above mail are not necessarily of my employer.

 I love the internet...Nowhere else do you find stupidity and wisdom in equal abundance.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbs.com/gbm
www.rbsgc.com