axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject HTTP variable XML doc data and DTD wsdl2java tool
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:57:49 GMT
Hello Axis committers, contributors, gurus and users, I have a task to create a Java Object
Model of classes to be able to send and receive XML wrapped document data. The protocol is:
HTTP. I'm thinking if I can come up with a suitable WSDL then the wsdl2java tool should be
able to generate the Java classes to represent the data and the exchange of dta using the
Axis server. On the HTTP response side right now the XML is assigned to <form> data
and POSTS the data back to the HTTP requester. The XML data example is included below. TIA
and please advise, David:

<!-- the request -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE IDMS-XML SYSTEM "http://www.somerequestinc.com/dtd/IDMS-XML.dtd">
<IDMS-XML>
   <ShipViaInquiry>
      <Security>
         <Login>
            <LoginID>TEST</LoginID>
            <Password>TEST</Password>
         </Login>
      </Security>
   </ShipViaInquiry>
</IDMS-XML>

<!-- the response -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE IDMS-XML SYSTEM "http://www.someresponsecorp.com/dtd/IDMS-XML.dtd">
<IDMS-XML>
   <ShipViaInquiryResponse>
      <SessionID>J7989737581</SessionID>
      <ShipViaList>
            <ShipViaID>BCM TEST</ShipViaID>
            <Description>BCMT</Description>
         </ShipVia>
         <ShipVia>
            <ShipViaID>BEST WAY</ShipViaID>
            <Description>BEST</Description>
         </ShipVia>
         <!-- Remainder omitted in this manual for brevity -->
      </ShipViaList>
      <StatusResult Success="Yes">
         <Description>Ship-Via list retrieved successfully.</Description>
      </StatusResult>
   </ShipViaInquiryResponse>
</IDMS-XML>