axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Richmond" <crichm...@referentia.com>
Subject POST operation on REST endpoint
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:50:02 GMT
So how do I do a POST to a REST endpoint, especially with a complex object
of strings/numeric/date types from a non axis2/java client.  For instance if
I wanted to post from a javascript or from php or something less robust,
what is the format that my post would have to have to the endpoint?   I
don't need to see how to use the axis2 library on the client to perform a
POST to my endpoint, but I need to see what the raw content of the post
should look like, with complex and simple types, as I am not planning on
using the GET call on the URL(although knowing how to submit complex types
there would be helpful as well for future reference).

And I am assuming that the response is the same whether using POST or
GET/URL?

Thanks,

Chris