axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Richmond" <crichm...@referentia.com>
Subject RE: REST Services
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:17:42 GMT
Well I developed a service and client using SOAP(adb), but heard I could
create rest clients(easier for scripters to do) as well.  So I want to now
find the REST endpoints for my service.  How do I view them or access them
if they are turned on by default as you say?

Thanks,
Chris

  _____

From: keith chapman [mailto:keithgchapman@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:16 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: REST services

All services in axis2 support both REST and SOAP by default. You can
explicitly turn REST off though. Are you looking to wrote REST services or
clients? (Axis2 supports both)

Thanks,
Keith.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Chris Richmond <crichmond@referentia.com>
wrote:

Hey all,

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Axis2 could just "throw a
switch" and expose soap services as REST type calls, but I was wondering if
anyone has actually tried to use this functionality and what their
experience or opinion on whether or not it works is.  I have soap clients
but might start supporting very much simpler scripting clients, so REST
would be much easier for them to work with.

Thanks,

Chris