axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 and NTLM
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:00:07 GMT
Hi,
I am not an expert in this part of the API but here is what I
understand. Please see my comments inline.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Natalia Ignatowicz
<natalia.ignatowicz@gmx.net> wrote:
> I've already found that page but it didn't help. Some parts of the code are deprecated
(HttpTransportProperties.NTLMAuthentication and HTTPConstants.NTLM_Authentication don't exist
in Axis2 1.3).

AFAIK if you are looking for NTLM on the server side then Axis2 would
have nothing to do with it (except for the case where Simple Axis
server is used. But I don't see why you would do that in production
anyway). Your container (say Tomcat) should be configured to handle
such things and Axis2 would not see it (nor would want to). For NTLM
on Tomcat you can use something like this
(http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html)

>  Maybe I'm missing some basic points here. Is it even possible for an Axis-Webservice
to request NTLM-Auth? If yes, then how has the server to be configured? Or is NTLM only supported
for Axis-Clients connecting to a .NET-Webservice or something like that?

Basically the answer to this is yes. The NTLM support and
configuration mentioned in all Axis2-NTLM docs are for the client (see
my comment on top). Since the client is based on Commons HTTPClient
you might find some useful info here
(http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/authentication.html#NTLM)

HTH

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein